WR121 English Composition
Focuses on academic writing as a means of inquiry. Uses critical reading, discussion and the writing process to explore ideas, develop cultural awareness and formulate positions. Emphasizes development of a variety of strategies to present evidence in support of a thesis. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121, or completion of WR 115 and RD 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- My name is Patty Wilde, and I will be your online writing instructor for this WR 121 course. In this class, you can expect to compose three major essays and several shorter informal assignments. We will cover approaches to writing that are intended to help you with future academic and professional writing tasks.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Getting Started: This course will be delivered through Desire2Learn, the Learning Management System used at PCC. To login to your course, please go to https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. Textbook Requirements: Quick Access Reference for Writers Custom Edition for PCC students. The ISBN is 978-1-256-91906-3. This book is available through the PCC Bookstore. Technology Requirements for the Course: You should have regular access to a reliable Internet connection and a word processing program, such as Microsoft Word. A Note on Time and Workload: Online students often have the impression that online courses are easier than face-to-face courses, but that is an incorrect assumption. This is a four-credit course, which means that if you were taking it on campus, you would be in class four hours a week plus homework, which will vary from four to eight hours. You should plan, therefore, to spend eight to twelve hours per week on the course.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.