MTH243 Statistics I
Introduces displaying data with graphs, numerical descriptions of data, producing data, elementary probability, probability distributions, confidence intervals and significance testing. Investigates applications from science, business, and social science perspectives. Graphing calculator required. TI-89 Titanium or Casio Classpad 330 recommended. Prerequisite: (MTH 111, MTH 111B or MTH 111C), and placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
The new textbook adopted Fall 2011 is: Stats Data and Model (3rd Edition) by DeVeaux, Velleman, Bock, ISBN 9781256284291 and is available at the PCC bookstore.
MyStatLab will be used for this course. New texts purchased at our bookstore are shrink wrapped with the MyStatLab access code for about $135. MyStatLab does not come with a used copy of the text. MyStatLab alone is about $92, so the most cost effective option it to purchase a new text (because you can sell back your book at the end of the term).
You need to have access to Microsoft Word or a free option of OpenOffice.org. (Office 2008/2011 for Mac does not have the necessary software, but StatPlus is free to add-in and contains most of the tools you'd want/need.) A calculator will also be helpful for exams (no specific model required).
This course will be using Desire2Learn this term. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login.
- Course Specific Requirements:
There are two proctored exams that are given at on the Cascade Campus of PCC. The proctored midterm is during Week 6, and the proctored final exam is during Finals week. You must bring photo ID to both exams. If you can't make it to the exams, email email@example.com to ask about other arrangements.
Web Technical Requirements:
Students with Disabilities:
Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website, http://www.pcc.edu/resources/disability/
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||47393||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 13-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Jennifer S Ward
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.