MSD177B Coaching Great Performance
Centers on how to effectively work with people in a helping relationship. Introduction to coaching and gaining hands-on experience being and working with a client. Coaching helps clients examine the way they do things as well as what they do. Build your coaching skills by focusing on five key principles of coaching: coaching listening, powerful inquiry, creating choice, balance and fulfillment. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to Coaching Great Performances! Coaching Great Performances is designed for people who are, or will be, in positions of leadership in the business and professional communities. The ability to understand and utilize coaching skills can support, energize, and motivate your clients and employees. In this course you will be introduced to coaching skills, including questioning strategies. You will have the opportunity to coach someone and to share your learning with our class. You will become familiar with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). You will conduct some personal work around value clarification, goal setting, and constructing a life plan. You will discover that through the coaching process, clients can discover their blind spots and experience break-through moments that can lead to new patterns of behavior! What I have found is that most clients look forward to being coached, experience renewed energy, and view a brighter horizon! The class is facilitated by liscensed and experienced professional coach with a private practice.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- * The ability to read, write, and converse in the English Language * The course is designed for professionals in leadership positions who will be coaching and supervising individuals in business and professional environments. It is not intended for someone looking for skills as an athletic coach.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||46878||-||03-Nov-2014 thru 05-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Tim N Alexander
Notes: Class dates 11/3 - 12/5 online. $20 fee.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.