PSY215 Human Development
Surveys major developmental theories and patterns of change and continuity from birth to death in human subjects. Emphasizes biological, cognitive, and emotional development through the lifespan. Examines cultural influences on development. Recommended: PSY 201A or 202A. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Thank you for your interest in Psy 215 Human Development. All students must log into the course and post a student introduction by Wednesday Sept. 24 at 11:59 p.m. Details can be found in the Course Information Module. If a student does not post on time, a wait-listed student will take that spot. Any student who misses the introduction deadline must drop the course through MyPCC. Wait list: I will add a few students from the wait list. If you place yourself on the wait list, check back often, as this list is constantly updated and your position may have changed. If you are wait-listed, please check your MyPCC email a few days before the term starts and the first few days of the term for updates. I will not add students after Friday Sept. 26. I will not override pre-requisites. The syllabus will be availabe a few days before the start of the term. Check your MyPCC mail for information. First assignment: Your first assignment is also due on Sept. 24. This assignment requires reading from the textbook.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There are no campus-based requirements. Textook: Arnett, J. (2012). Human Development: A Cultural Approach. Boston, MA: Pearson Publishers. Available in print and electronic format. MyDevelopment Lab: This comes 'bundled' with your text. I will provide a passcode by the end of the first week. The Rock Creek Campus bookstore has information about purchasing the text and MyDevelopmentLab.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||46815||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Judy A Zimmerman
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.