EC201 Prin Econ: Microeconomics
Introduces the principles of microeconomics. Enhances the ability to recognize and analyze economic problems in the United States. Covers the American microeconomic system, which includes a familiarization with the basis of the price system and resource allocation; the operation of the firm; market concentration; regulation and antitrust policies. Recommended: MTH 95. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is a distance learning class. If you are on the waitlist for this class please stay on the waitlist if you want to take the class. Some students from the waitlist will be added in the first week of class. If the waitlist is long enough sometimes an additional section of the course will be added. If you are registered for class please log into the class the first day or two of the term. This class uses a textbook and on online homework tool called EconPortal. You may initiate your log in into EconPortal the week before class begins.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Textbook and EconPortal Information This course uses the following textbook: TextbookCover CoreEconomics, 2nd Edition by Gerald Stone ISBN: 978-1-4292-6406-8 You also need a student registration to EconPortal, the online tool that accompanies the textbook. Where to get your book and EconPortal student subscription: There are several options for getting your book and econportal subscription. 1. Purchase your econportal access and e-book at www.youreconportal.com 2. Purchase a new book in the bookstore. New books should come with an access card with instructions for initiating your econportal subscription 3. Purchase a used book and econportal access separtely at www.youreconportal.com How to initate your EconPortal Subscription: 1.Go to www.youreconportal.com 2.Click on the 'Purchase Online Access' or 'Register Your Access Code' depending on whether or not you have an access code that came with your book. Follow the steps from there always choosing the CoreEconomics, 2nd edition by Gerald Stone textbook. 3.Make sure that you enter the correct information for our class when prompted to do so. After You Have Registered... Find our course on EconPortal. From www.youreconportal.com: 1. Click on 'Find Your Portal' 2. Choose Gerald Stone under Principles of Economics 3. Choose 'Core Economics, 2nd Edition' 4. Enter your log in information If you already have an econportal log in for CoreEconomics from a previous course or are in the wrong course after registering... 1. From the login screen click on the 'Need to Switch Courses?' link. 2. Enter the information for the course you are taking by choosing the correct school and instructor then your class. EconPortal7 Course Information
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||46204||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 14-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Rhonda L Collier
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.