CIS120 Computer Concepts I
Introduces computing fundamentals from the past into the future, utilizes key applications to solve practical problems, and explores the benefits and risks of living online. Designed for the student who is already computer literate with the MS Office applications, e-mail, and the Internet and focuses on applying this literacy to practical IT applications. Provides a foundation to pursue an IT pathway and helps prepare students for the IC3 certification. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Recommend: basic computer skills equivalent to CAS 133 or BA 131. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to the CIS 120 - Computer Concepts 1 Course page for Fall 2014.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text and Materials:
DISCOVERING COMPUTERS 2014 COMPLETE
Gary B. Shelly
Misty E. Vermaat
ISBN 13: 978-1-285-71333-5 2014 Cengage Learning
Prerequisite knowledge and/or skills:
WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores.
Recommend: basic computer skills equivalent to CAS 133 or BA 131.
This class is NOT a computer literacy class and applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Web browsing and email will NOT be taught. However, it is expected that you already know how to use these applications; assignments will require them. It is also expected that the user comes into the class with some basic computer skills (can browse the Internet, can send and receive emails and can use office applications including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation graphics and database). If you have no experience with the office applications, it is recommended that you take either CAS133 or BA131 first. If you choose not to do this and you do not know the applications, it will be your responsibility to learn them on your own prior to completing an assignment.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||46192||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Jennifer L Sullivan
Tuition: credit Fees: $12.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.