WR227 Technical/Profession WR 1
Introduces technical and professional communications. Students compose, design, revise, and edit effective letters, memos, reports, descriptions, instructions, and employment documents Emphasizes precise use of language and graphics to communicate complex technical and procedural information safely, legally and ethically. Two instructor conferences required. Prerequisites: WR 121, basic computer literacy, and intermediate word processing skills. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to Technical/Professional Writing 1! You will need the textbook, Technical Communication by Lannon and Gurak, 13th edition from Pearson. Be sure to get the correct edition as earlier editions do not have the same assignments and page numbers. There should be used texts available. You can get the 3-hole binder version. Please email the instructor with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Specific Requirements:
- You will need consistent access to a computer for online work and Microsoft Word for the course assignments. Google docs and other random software for word processing will not work. Get yourself a thumb drive so you can save your documents and keep them with you whenever you need to upload them to the dropboxes on D2L. You should have completed WR 121 and/or WR 122 in order to succeed in WR 227.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||46185||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Marlene C Broemer
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.