MP150 Intro to Elec Health Records
Introduces basic concepts of medical charting which are implemented and built upon in an Electronic Health Record (EHR). Introduces basic concepts of implementation and use of an EHR. Includes skill development for basic navigation of an EHR. Explores issues around privacy, security, government regulations and ethical/legal aspects of medical records in a healthcare delivery environment (hospital or clinic setting). Recommended: CAS 133 or equivalent computer and internet experience, MP 111. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- I am a healthcare manager, who has worked with Electronic Medical/Health Records for nearly 20 years.
This course should give you a feel for navigating, in addition to providing a foundation to discuss and learn the many concepts related to electronic medical records in healthcare delivery.
Of note: This class is ENTIRELY online, including your communication with me and between yourselves. Please review and understand the course specific requirements below, before you register. If you're comfortable with D2L and working in an online environment, I look forward to meeting and working with you (virtually)!
If you have never taken an online class, or have not worked with D2L, I strongly recommend you take PCC's Online Learning Orientation before you register for this online class.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- IMPORTANT: Due to technical requirements of obtaining and activating a required EHR subscription, Late Adds cannot be accepted after 8 a.m. on the first day of the term.
Also, you must be COMFORTABLE with using a computer before you take this class. You will:
- Be working with and navigating through multiple software applications and systems (D2L and the EHR);
- Need to be comfortable with selecting (highlighting),copying and pasting text between software applications, and using a web browser;
- Downloading, installing and updating some browser plug-ins and software (such as Citrix, to access your EHR);
- Saving documents and assignments on your computer, and locating them for upload to D2L. You will be able subscribe to and access the academic EHR with your Mac or PC, and with most standard web browsers.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||46144||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Michelle M Cooper
Notes: No late adds allowed. Do not email instructor for override.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.