CAS181J CMS Website Creation: Joomla
Introduces the creation of sophisticated, dynamic, interactive and fully functional websites using Joomla, a Content Management System (CMS). Includes setting up a Joomla website in a remote server environment, working with templates, creating efficient site navigation using menus, organizing a site using components and modules, enhancing a site with plugins and extensions, and creating user functionality with user logins. Recommended: CAS 111D, CAS 206, and CAS 215; placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Registered students must check-in prior to the first Friday of the term or you will be dropped from the course. This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course will be using Joomla 2.5. Information about obtaining and installing this software will be available during the first week of the term. You DO NOT need to install the software prior to the beginning of class.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||45837||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 14-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Amy E Clubb
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.