MTH65 Introductory Algebra-2nd Term
Introduces algebraic concepts and processes with a focus on functions, linear systems, polynomials, and quadratic equations. Applications, graphs, functions, formulas, and proper mathematical notation are emphasized throughout the course. A scientific calculator is required. The TI-30X II is recommended. Prerequisites: (MTH 60 or MTH 62) and (RD 80 or ESOL 250) Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello and welcome to the MTH 65. This course covers the same material as a traditional face-to-face MTH 65 class held on campus. The only difference is that lectures, assignments, discussions, and two quizzes will be done online. You will do your weekly homework and two online quizzes in MyMathLab. Weekly discussions are done in D2L. This is not a self-paced class. All the homework assignments, discussions, exams/quizzes have due dates. You must login several times each week and be an active participant.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There are two required on campus proctored exams during the term. If you live outside of the Portland area, you have to schedule your exams at a testing center.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||45544||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Minoo Marashi
Notes: MyMathLab REQUIRED. Students should buy new text bundle.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.