HE295 Health and Fitness for Life
Explores the interrelationship of the five components of physical fitness, nutrition and stress management concepts and activities to increase individual health and wellness. Corequisite: PE 295. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to HE 295. This course must be taken with the online version of PE 295. You will need to purchase the textbook to complete this D2L class. The textbook information is listed on this page. I will be sending out an email explaining how the class works when we get closer to the term starting. Please make sure you are able to locate and log on to the Desire2Learn site the first week of class (a requirement will be to send an email to the instructor by Thursday of the first week of the term).
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Explores the interrelationship of the five components of physical fitness, nutrition and stress management concepts and activities to increase individual health and wellness. Audit available. Course Prerequisites: None *Course Co-Requisite: HE 295 must be taken the same quarter as PE 295. Course Outcomes: Apply behavior change theories to assess and self-reflect on health and fitness status. Ability to evaluate and apply wellness concepts that promote health and fitness. Explore activity options to maintain and/or improve lifelong health and fitness. Required Text: Get Fit Stay Well. THIRD BRIEF Edition: Janet Hopson, Rebecca Donatelle, and Tanya Littrell. Pearson 2015.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||45217||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Rissa N Raveaux
Notes: Students must also take PE 295 CRN 45219.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.