MP111 Medical Terminology
Covers prefixes, suffixes, root words, abbreviations, conditions, symptoms and procedure terms. Course taught by body systems. English communication skills necessary. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Please consider that this is a 4-credit class and will require regular log-in and studying. This course will be using Desire2Learn (D2L), the Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link under the 'Quick Links' on the left of your MyPCC homepage. A required self-introduction is assigned in the D2L Discussion forum. It is due by noon on Friday of the FIRST WEEK. Students that do not complete this by the deadline are subject to being dropped from the course. Students must register their text at the publisher's web site, MyMedicalTerminologyLab (MyLab). That is where much of the coursework is done. This requires getting a current text with an access code that allows you to enroll in MyLab. This is explained below.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- I recommend getting your books early. Find them at the PCC Bookstore online http://bookstore.pcc.edu/store1/SelectTermDept.aspx. (1) REQUIRED TEXT & TEXTBOOK ONLINE RESOURCE: Medical Language, 3rd ed.(hard copy or e-text) by Susan M. Turley. Please make sure that you purchase the 3rd ed of Medical Language and NOT the 2nd ed. When you purchase a new textbook, get the VALUE PACK which has access to the required My Lab online resource. If you get a used textbook you must purchase a My Lab access code online for $55, or $85 with an E-text. (2) Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, F.A. Davis publisher (or other reputable medical dictionary).
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||45050||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Scott A Cooper
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.