CAS170 Beginning Excel
Introduces the basic features of Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet concepts to design and create accurate professional worksheets for use in business and industry, and academic environments. Includes entering data; creating formulas; professional formatting; creating charts; creating, sorting, and filtering lists; creating and using templates; and working with functions. Focuses on ways to ensure accuracy including proofreading techniques and critical thinking to determine what data to present and how to present it. Recommended: Placement into RD 115, WR 115 and MTH 20. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 170 Microsoft Excel 2013! This course will be available to you on Monday, September 22nd. Please access the class and complete the Academic Integrity e-mail by Wednesday, September 24th. If you fail to send this e-mail to your instructor by this date, a wait-listed student may be offered enrollment in your place.
If you have any trouble accessing the course in Desire2Learn on or after September 24th, please e-mail me immediately at email@example.com.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- To complete homework for the class, you will need Microsoft Excel 2013. The required textbook is New Perspectives on Microsoft Office Excel 2013, Comprehensive; Authors: Parsons, Oja, Ageloff, Carey (available at the campus bookstores.)
SAM is not required for this course.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||44891||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 09-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Julie M Romey
Notes: Microsoft Excel 2013
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.