CAS133 Basic Computer Skill/MS Office
Introduces the basic features of Microsoft Office, Windows basics, and file management. Develops familiarity with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, email, and Internet basics. Provides an overview of the MyPCC Portal website. Covers components of the Internet and Computing Core (IC3) program content. Recommended: RD 115 and WR 115. Keyboarding by touch recommended. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is a beginning level computer course which does not require any previous computer experience. However, the class meets entirely online with no face-to-face meetings with the instructor.
In order to avoid being dropped from the course, you must login to the course in Desire2Learn and complete the first assignment by Wednesday, September 24, 2014. If you do not complete the assignment by the deadline, you will be dropped from the class and a student from the wait list will be offered your spot.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The required text for this course is Microsoft Office 2013 Illustrated Series Introductory packaged with 180 day trial of MS Office 2013, SAM, and MindTap Reader; Cram, Beskeen, Reding, Duffy, Friedrichsen, authors; Cengage, publisher; ISBN 9781285726540. You must purchase this package from the PCC bookstore. SAM is required in this class. If you purchase a book that does not include the SAM access code, such as a used textbook, you will need to purchase the access code separately.
The textbook and course materials are designed for Microsoft Office 2013. The textbook bundle includes a trial version of the software. This course and textbook are for a PC, not a MAC computer.
The course predominately uses Cengage SAM, an online homework site from the textbook publisher.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||44890||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 09-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Julie M Romey
Notes: Microsoft Office 2013
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.