MTH243 Statistics I
Introduces displaying data with graphs, numerical descriptions of data, producing data, elementary probability, probability distributions, confidence intervals and significance testing. Investigates applications from science, business, and social science perspectives. Graphing calculator with advanced statistical programs and/or computer software required; see instructor. Prerequisite: MTH 95 and placement into WR 121. MTH 111 is recommended. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
The textbook is: Stats Data and Model (3rd Edition) by DeVeaux, Velleman, Bock, ISBN 9781256284291 and is available at the PCC bookstore.
You need to have access to Microsoft Office or (a free option) OpenOffice.org. (Office 2008/2011 for Mac does not have the necessary software, but StatPlus is free to add-in and contains most of the tools you'd want/need.) A calculator will also be helpful for exams (no specific model required, but a TI-89 or TI-84 (or TI-83) would be ideal).
This course will be using Desire2Learn this term. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login.
- Course Specific Requirements:
There are two proctored exams that are given at on the Cascade Campus of PCC. The proctored midterm is during Week 6, and the proctored final exam is during Finals week. You must bring photo ID to both exams. If you can't make it to the exams because you live hours, or states, away from Portland, email email@example.com to ask about other arrangements that are possible.
Web Technical Requirements:
Students with Disabilities:
Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website, http://www.pcc.edu/resources/disability/
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||44803||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 12-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Jennifer S Ward
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.