PSY202A Intro to Psychology - Part 2
Surveys the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in personality theory, psychological disorders, therapy, emotion, motivation, intelligence, health psychology, and social psychology. Provides an overview of popular trends, examines the overarching themes of heredity vs. environment, stability vs. change, and free will vs. determinism, and emphasizes the sociocultural approach which assumes that gender, culture, and ethnicity are essential to understanding behavior, thought, and emotion. Psychology 202A is the second term of a two-term sequence in introductory psychology. Recommended: PSY 201 or 201A. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Psychology is a fun and challenging subject. Online courses are a great way to earn college credit and manage your busy life. Online students are conscientious, self-directed, and work to solve technology challenges. Psy 202A DL is a structured self-study but there will be weekly online scholarly discussions, weekly assignments, multiple-choice exams, and an optional extra credit essay. There are no required campus lectures or meetings. Our required textbook is in the Sylvania Bookstore (go to that link at MyPCC for text details), on reserve in the Sylvania Library, and at several online sites. You will need current text edition and MyPsychLab day one of the term (other texts and older editions will not work for this textbook intensive course). Expect to spend about 12 hours each week for this 200-level, 4 credit, online science course. Yes, I will add a few students from the top of the PCC wait list after 6 pm on Tuesday of Week 1. If you want to keep your spot in this course, be sure to post your Introduction by this time. Syllabus will be ready a few days before the term starts. Look for Welcome email a day or two before the terms starts. 'See' you in our Desire2Learn classroom! Mona Johnson
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Current edition of required textbook and MyPsychLab (other texts and older editions will not work). Technology that meets current Desire2Learn requirements. Current version of Word and ability to open and read pdf files.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||44790||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 14-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Mona L Johnson
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.