CG101 Col.Surv & Success: Pers. Resp
Provides information and techniques for personal responsibility as a means for creating college success. Introduces developing skills for navigating a culturally diverse learning environment and utilizing college resources and services. First course in a series (CG 101-103). Completion of CG 101-102-103 is equivalent to CG 100. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
Greetings! This online version of CG101 only meets for half the term (5 weeks), so it is intensive. You can expect to spend three to six hours a week on class readings, discussions, assignments and tests.
Specifically, by the end of this course successful students will be able to do the following: Use the concepts of accepting personal responsibility and interdependent behaviors to achieve academic and personal goals.
- -Communicate and participate responsibility in order to navigate college systems.
- -Use college resources and policies to determine and implement academic decisions.
- -Incorporate awareness of diversity and cultural differences to participate fully in college and community.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text
Skip Downing's On Course: Strategies for Creating Success in College and in Life (7th Edition):
- ISBN: 978-1-2858968-5-4
There are no prerequisites for this class besides your willingness to participate and explore the issues presented. You will need to have basic communication and computer skills in order to access course materials and complete course assignments, discussions and quizzes. Please contact me directly if you are concerned about your readiness for this class. Sections of CG 101 are also offered on all of our campuses. Please consider one of these sections if you are concerned about your ability to complete this course online.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||44558||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 25-Oct-2014|
Instructor: Jason J Pinkal
Notes: Must complete w/C or better to receive tuition waiver.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.