CG100 College Survival and Success
Provides information and techniques for time, money and self-management, including motivation, goal setting, and accepting personal responsibility for college success. Includes developing skills for navigating a culturally diverse learning environment and utilizing college resources and services. Completion of CG 100 is equivalent to CG 101-102-103. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Textbook information:
Downing, S. (2014). On course: Strategies for creating success for college and in life: Looseleaf w/Aplia (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin. (ISBN#:9781285883106 )
Required first log in: Be sure to log into D2L and complete Module 00 discussion by Thursday, September 25th by 11:59 pm or you will be dropped from the class.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
Use the concepts of accepting personal responsibility and interdependent behaviors to achieve academic and personal goals.
Apply effective motivational strategies and goal setting tools to academic and personal life.
Communicate and participate responsibly in order to navigate college systems. Make informed choices regarding time, money, and self-management.
Use college resources and policies to determine and implement academic decisions.
Incorporate awareness of diversity and cultural differences to participate fully in college and community.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||44497||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 12-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Jackie M Elliott
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.