PHL201 Being and Knowing
Introduces metaphysics and the theory of knowledge via the works of important figures in the history of philosophy. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Greetings, Esteemed Students of Philosophy! I'm much looking forward to connecting with you online this Fall term. We'll be discussing aspects of two ideas--Being and Knowing--which are so fundamental to our lives that they most often lie hidden beneath all our experience and don't get explicit attention. With important philosophers of our culture, and with each other, we'll give them that attention, and should come out larger for the effort. See you then! Steve Jolin. Stephen Jolin, Ph.D., Instructor, Philosophy, PCC Sylvania
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The book required for the course is: Introducing Philosophy, Tenth Edition, Robert C. Solomon, Kathleen M. Higgins, Clancy Martin. Oxford University Press, 2011. ISBN13: 9780199764860. You'll absolutely need to use it for completing the first week's assignments, so please obtain it right away! Thanks!
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||44259||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Steve T Jolin
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.