Emphasizes understanding and appreciation of listening as an integral part of the communication process. Investigates and applies current research in listening theory. Analyzes and provides practice in the appropriateness and application of the major types of listening in academic, business, media and interpersonal contexts. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- You may purchase the textbook at the PCC Rock Creek Bookstore in person or online. You may also visit www.coursesmart.com to rent the eBook and select your subscription time period.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Textbook: Listening: Processes, Functions, and Competency (1 ed.), Worthington and Fitch-Hauser, ISBN 9780132288545
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||44242||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Chris N Kernion
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.