BA228 Comp Accounting Applications
Introduces double-entry, fully integrated computerized general ledger software. Topics include general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, bank reconciliations, and inventory. Recommended: BA 111 or BA 211 and CAS 133. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- BA228 is an introduction to QuickBooks, the most popular accounting software for small business. The focus of the course is very practical...learning the most commonly used features of the software.
By actually working through tutorials and exercises, you will create business documents, record transactions and generate the many useful accounting reports essential for management planning and control.
This course is for both traditional degree seeking students and those needing to enhance their skills. There are no accounting prerequisites, although students with some previous accounting coursework will benefit more.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Students will submit assignments, do weekly quizzes and complete two short examinations, all online. The required textbook is 'Computer Accounting with QuickBooks 2013,' Donna Kay, McGraw-Hill, 15th edition.
Purchased NEW, the text includes a 140 day trial version of the software, QuickBooks Accountant 2013 (for Windows), so a separate purchase of software is unnecessary. You must purchase the current (15th) edition. (Do NOT rent or purchase a used text unless you already have the QuickBooks 2013 'Accountant' version of the software.) Textbooks are available at PCC bookstores.
Important Note: This is a 'QuickBooks for Windows' class. Apple Macintosh users must be able to run 'Windows' on their computers.
You will be able to access the course website the first day of the term. Go to https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||44083||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 13-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Mike M Fritz
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.