CAS216 Beginning Word
Introduces the basics of Microsoft Word to create, edit, and print documents such as letters, memos, and manuscripts; produce multi-page documents; use headers and footers; become familiar with the program's writing tools and basics of enhancing documents; and produce merged copy. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115; keyboarding 25 words per minute. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 216, Beginning Word! You must log in to the course and complete the first required assignment by Wednesday, September 25, 2013 to maintain your enrollment in the course. The instructions for this assignment are found in Course Information page once you log in. If you do not complete this assignment, your instructor will assign a NS grade on Friday and you will be dropped from the course. If you have not taken an online course using Desire2Learn before, I highly recommend that you take the time to go to the PCC Distance Learning site and go through the orientation before the course starts. This will help avoid any issues in the first week of the course relating to navigating within Desire2Learn. If you have any questions, please contact Hallie Puncochar, Rock Creek 254, email@example.com, 971-722-3061.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The required text for this course is Word 2010, Signature Series packaged with 180 day trial of MS Office 2010, and a tutorial SNAP CD; Rutkosky & Roggenkamp, authors; Paradigm, publisher; ISBN 978-0-76384-501-8. While it may seem cheaper to purchase a used textbook, the publisher has bundled SNAP with the text, thus your best deal is to purchase this package NEW from the PCC bookstore. SNAP will not be included in used books. Be sure to check for your correct CRN number for this book at the bookstore carefully, as some sections do not require the use of SNAP.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||43817||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 14-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Hallie S Puncochar
Notes: Word 2010.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.