HIM270 ICD-10-CM Basic Coding
Covers classification of diseases and current reimbursement systems utilizing ICD-10-CM. Prerequisite: HIM 131. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to HIM 270. This a basic introduction to ICD coding. We will cover ICD 9 and will have an introduction to ICD 10. This format is different from last year because of the decision by congress to roll back the implementation of ICD 10 until at October 1,2015. Pre-requisites: Prerequisites: HIM 128, 129, BI 122 or BI 213, MP 111, MP 131, MP 105, MP 107, MP 140, MP 182.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- here is a list of books for fall term 2014. REQUIRED: ICD-10-CM+ICD-10-PCS COD.2014-W/O ANSWR Author LEON-CHISEN Edition 13 ISBN 9781556483882 ICD-10-PCS COMP.OFFICIAL DRAFT CDE.2014 Author OPTUM Edition 13 ISBN 9781622540181 ICD-9-CM PRO.F/HOSP.'14,V.1,2,+3 Author OPTUM Edition 13 ISBN 9781622540105 FAYE...ICD-9-CM CODING HDBK,W/ANSWERS Author BROWN Edition REV 11 ISBN 9781556483806 Management , by Johns., Third Edition. RECOMMENDED: Medical Dictionary.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||43641||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Galen J Hayes
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.