CAS121 Beginning Keyboarding
Introduces alphabetic portion of computer keyboard by touch. Uses the numeric portion of the keyboard. Develops and improves basic keyboarding techniques to increase speed and accuracy. Involves production of basic business and academic documents using a word processor. Recommended: Placement into RD 90 and WR 90 or above. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 121! Please note that students who do not check in by Friday of the first week via email (and/or by introducing yourself through the Discussions link on the blue Nav Bar at the top of our course home page) will be dropped from the course. You should plan to work on the lessons and timings 6 -7 hours a week to be successful in this class.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Gregg College Keyboarding and Document Processing (GDP), 11e by Ober, Johnson, and Zimmerly. Kit 1: (Lessons 1-60) with Microsoft Word 2013 Manual, 11th Edition, Boxed Cover Set, also includes the GDP course access code. ISBN-13 9780077684570. The best deal is purchasing this from the PCC bookstore because the text comes bundled with the key code to the GDP software application that is required for this course. If you buy a used text, the GDP access code must be purchased at https://pccrockcreek.gdp11.com Microsoft Word 2010. The textbook is designed to be used with Microsoft Word 2010. The 2007 and 2013 version will also work, but you will need to adjust the directions accordingly. You will need to have access to Microsoft Word 2007, 2010, or 2013 by Week 5 of the term. All PCC computer labs are equipped with Word software.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||43575||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Nancy B Coursolle
Notes: Word 2013.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.