MUS101 Introduction to Music
Introduces the basic components of music such as rhythm, melody, harmony and structure. Includes basic note reading and building of music literacy skills. No prior music experience required. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Please contact Dr. Brian Gardiner with any and all questions about this class. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There is no required textbook for this class. All course materials will be found within the course shell. Students may wish to obtain books on music theory as a supplement to the lectures. The instructor can provide specific suggestions if a student is interested. It is encouraged, but not required, that students use a pitched musical instrument to work on concepts learned in the class. Many of the concepts will be taught by using the image of a piano keyboard. It is beneficial to have some kind of keyboard at the ready, although there are images of a piano keyboard all throughout the course.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||43535||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Brian S Gardiner
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.