RD115 College Reading
Focuses on expanding reading frequency and effectively reading complex college level texts; Emphasizes comprehension strategies, critical reading and thinking skills, information literacy, vocabulary development, student success strategies and adapting reading rate to different reading tasks. Prerequisite: Placement into RD 115 or successful completion of RD 90 AND placement into WR 90 OR successful completion of WR 80; OR ESOL 252 and ESOL 260. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Textbook information: BRIDGING THE GAP:COLLEGE RDG.-W/ACCESS CODE TO ONLINE LAB Author SMITH Edition 11TH ISBN 9780321881663 If you purchase this textbook NEW from the Sylvania bookstore for our class, CRN 43290 Kinsella, it should come with the access code for the required online lab included in the package price. If you purchase the textbook elsewhere,or buy a USED textbook, you will have to purchase access to the online lab in addition. If you buy the lab access separately, an online version of the textbook is included. I recommend you research and compare prices. The lab is MyReadingLab from Pearson to accompany Bridging the Gap.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||43290||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 14-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Darcie E Kinsella
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.