MUS108 Music Cultures of the World
Examines musical cultures throughout the world with attention to cultural contexts and musical styles, including but not limited to Africa, the Americas, Asia, Near East, Europe and the South Pacific. Prerequisite/concurrent: WR 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Examines the world's music with attention to musical styles and cultural contexts. Includes the study of Oceania, Indonesia, Africa, India, China, Japan, Middle East, Latin America, and ethnic North America. Prerequisite/concurrent: WR 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. The complete Course Content and Outcome Guide for MUS 108 is available for download at: http://www.pcc.edu/ccog/default.cfm?fa=ccog&subject=MUS&course=108 As your professor I want to help you to succeed in this course and in life in general! Though this is a course about Music Cultures of the World, MUS108 is about so much more! It is a course about learning how to learn. Learning how YOUR unique brain learns and remembers totally new and completely unfamiliar material.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- COURSE PREREQUISITES Prerequisite/concurrent: WR115 or equivalent placement test scores. REQUIRED TEXT Miller, Terry E. and Andrew Shahriari. 'World Music: A Global Journey' !3rd ed. Routledge Publ., New York: 2009.! ISBN, 978-0-415-808231. The book includes 3 complete CDs of music. Make sure your book includes the CDs and they work well. You will need them for the class. You may also use the 2nd edition of the text (which includes 2 cds), just make sure you have both CDs & they function properly. REQUIRED MATERIALS Computer Access as outlined in PCC Core requirements for online classes. Required textbook and access to a CD player
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42987||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Julia L Banzi
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.