RD115 College Reading
Focuses on expanding reading frequency and effectively reading complex college level texts; Emphasizes comprehension strategies, critical reading and thinking skills, information literacy, vocabulary development, student success strategies and adapting reading rate to different reading tasks. Prerequisite: Placement into RD 115 or successful completion of RD 90 AND placement into WR 90 OR successful completion of WR 80; OR ESOL 252 and ESOL 260. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Our text is College Reading RD 115, a custom publication from McGraw-Hill. It has Theresa Love's name on the cover (several classes use this text). It is available via Cascade's online bookstore. The other text is Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, which can also be purchased through the bookstore, but you can buy a copy anywhere you like.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Prerequisite: Asset test score of 42 and above or successful completion of Reading 90, or successful completion of ENL 260 (Upper Advanced Reading).
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42922||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Lisa B Rosenthal
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.