WR227 Technical/Profession WR 1
Introduces technical and professional communications. Students compose, design, revise, and edit effective letters, memos, reports, descriptions, instructions, and employment documents Emphasizes precise use of language and graphics to communicate complex technical and procedural information safely, legally and ethically. Two instructor conferences required. Prerequisites: WR 121, basic computer literacy, and intermediate word processing skills. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is a 4-credit online writing course. Students will be expected to spend at least 12 hours per week preparing writing assignments, in addition to online time spent participating in discussions. Weekly writing assignments are required; collaboration with other students is necessary for a few assignments, and this can be managed via email or online chat. To succeed in an online course, students must be independent learners and self-disciplined. No in-person testing is required for this course. Face-to-face conferences with the instructor can be arranged by appointment.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. Students should have regular access to a reliable internet connection and be able to create and revise documents in Microsoft Word.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42864||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Mary M Sylwester
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.