BA111 Introduction to Accounting
Presents double-entry accounting as related to service and merchandising business. Covers accounting cycle, including journalizing, posting to the general ledger, preparation of financial statements, petty cash, bank reconciliations, combined journal , special journals and payroll. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Required Text and Software (See instructions on how to order on-line at the end of the syllabus.) 1. College Accounting: A Practical Approach, Jeffrey Slater, Pearson Publishing, 12th Edition. 2. Office 2007 (or newer) with Internet Explorer browser.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE ORDERING OF TEXTBOOK: Assume Course BA 111, CRN 12345 with instructor John Doe for Fall Term, 2014: Go to My PCC Home tab and find Registration Services in the middle of the screen. Click Find/Order Books in the yellow box under Before Class. Click PCC Bookstore your campus (e.g. Sylvania/Distance Learning/Newberg Center). Click Text/Course Material located in the blue ribbon at the top of the page. Under the Select Term, Department and Course o Select Term (e.g., click on FALL 14) o Select Department (click on BA) o Select Course and Section (choose your course CRN and instructor name): Click on 111 ~ 12345 ~ DOE Click Add Course (button directly under your Course and Section selections) Click Get Course Material (button directly under Your Current Course List) From there you will be shown the list of material for the course and can add the textbook and any required course materials to your shopping cart.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42812||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Carol Ann Kirby
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.