CAS170 Beginning Excel
Introduces the basic features of Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet concepts to design and create accurate professional worksheets for use in business and industry, and academic environments. Includes entering data; creating formulas; professional formatting; creating charts; creating, sorting, and filtering lists; creating and using templates; and working with functions. Focuses on ways to ensure accuracy including proofreading techniques and critical thinking to determine what data to present and how to present it. Recommended: Placement into RD 115, WR 115 and MTH 20. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 170 Microsoft Excel 2013! Please login to D2L and send me your academic integrity statement no later than Wednesday 9/24/2014. Students that do not email me their statement will be dropped from the course, as a no show, and waitlisted students will be given their spot.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course requires that students have access to the Internet and Microsoft Excel 2013. Your textbook is 'New Perspectives on Microsoft Excel 2013 - Comprehensive', by Parsons, Oja, Ageloff, Carey and Desjardins. To order your books online, go to http://www.pcc.edu/resources/bookstore. Students can also purchase software from the bookstore. Please contact your local PCC bookstore for details.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42691||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Janet L Strong
Notes: Microsoft Excel 2013
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.