MP111 Medical Terminology
Covers prefixes, suffixes, root words, abbreviations, conditions, symptoms and procedure terms. Course taught by body systems. English communication skills necessary. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
This course is entirely online. No Campus visits are required.
This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses.
To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. The first day for accessing your course in D2L will be September 22, 2014.
The last day to late-add a course is Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
Beginning Summer 2012, students will be required to pay in full or complete college-approved financial arrangements two (2) Mondays PRIOR to the start of the term. Students who do not meet the new payment requirement are subject to being deleted from their course registrations. Students who register after the payment deadline need to pay in full or complete college-approved financial arrangements within the same day.
Fall deadline for payment due date: Monday, September 8, 2014College-approved financial arrangements include:
Offered, accepted, and authorized Financial Aid
Certified Chapter 33 VA Benefits
A college account payment plan Scholarships, program exemptions, or third party billing authorizations received by the PCC Business Office.
Check your MyPCC Announcements and PCC email regularly to stay informed regarding these new changes. For more information visit www.pcc.edu/pay.
- Course Specific Requirements:
*Medical Language: Immerse Yourself, Third Edition, by Susan Turley
*Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary by F.A. Davis (or similar alternative)
Note: the Pearson Web site provides online access to a medical dictionary, but it may be more convenient to have a hard copy.
* Susan Turley. Medical Terminology: Immerse Yourself, 3rd Ed., Pearson Education, Inc., 2014,Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
* My Medical Terminology Lab.
Online assignments on the publisher's interactive web site 'My Medical Terminology Lab' are mandatory. If you purchase a used book you may need to purchase a standalone access package from the publisher, an additional $55.00. (After you purchase access to My Medical Terminology Lab, you can purchase the Pearson's Etext in lieu in of the printed textbook.)
* Tabers Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, F.A. Davis Company, 2013 (or current ed.), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Online medical dictionaries are also available in lieu of a printed version.)
* PC running Windows Vista or later (or a Macintosh running 10.6 or later)
* A DSL, cable, or high speed wireless connection to the Internet
* Internet browsers (Chrome, Firefox and/or Internet Explorer) equipped with required plug-ins: Flash, Java etc.
* Sound card, speakers or earphones (for pronunciation exercises on Pearson Web site)
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42649||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Steve W Marshall
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.