WR121 English Composition
Focuses on academic writing as a means of inquiry. Uses critical reading, discussion and the writing process to explore ideas, develop cultural awareness and formulate positions. Emphasizes development of a variety of strategies to present evidence in support of a thesis. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121, or completion of WR 115 and RD 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to WR121 Online. My name is Derek Gladwin and I will be your writing instructor and guide through English Composition as a web-based format. Its important to log in to the class in the first two days in order to complete some of the discussions and small assignments due at the end of the first week. There is no requirement for students to be on campus for this course; its entirely delivered via the web. All communications will be managed through email and through discussions in the course.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn a Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. You should have regular access to a reliable Internet connection, and a working knowledge of a word processing program (such as Microsoft Word). Textbooks: (1) Barnet, Sylvan and Hugo Bedau. CRITICAL THINKING, READING, AND WRITING: A BRIEF GUIDE TO ARGUMENT. Eighth Edition. Boston: Bedford St. Martin's, 2014. ISBN: 9781457649973; (2) Quitman, Lynn and Douglas Hesse. QUICK ACCESS (QA): REFERENCE FOR WRITERS. Seventh Edition. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 2013. ISBN: 1256919640. NOTE: Used editions of these texts are readily available and quite inexpensive, and they can be found at the PCC bookstore or through various online sellers or Powells Books.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42621||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Derek E Gladwin
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.