RD115 College Reading
Focuses on expanding reading frequency and effectively reading complex college level texts; Emphasizes comprehension strategies, critical reading and thinking skills, information literacy, vocabulary development, student success strategies and adapting reading rate to different reading tasks. Prerequisite: Placement into RD 115 or successful completion of RD 90 AND placement into WR 90 OR successful completion of WR 80; OR ESOL 252 and ESOL 260. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Course Title: Reading 115, College Reading*******NOTE: This course can be found in the Desire2Learn Course Management System. A link is located within MyPCC.edu on the middle-left of the page underneath Quick Links. ******** Instructor: Adon Arnett. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 971-722-4078. Office Location: Sylvania SS 215, E43. Term: Fall 2014
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There are two text purchases you need to make for our course. The first can be purchased ONLY at the Sylvania Bookstore either in person or online (see link below): 1) Give the bookstore representative this ISBN: 9781269399371. This is a textbook package. If the ISBN numbers here do not match what is on the package at the bookstore, you have purchased the wrong package. 2) Give the bookstore representative this ISBN: 9780312626686. This is a book called Nickel and Dimed. For the bookstore's information, copy and paste this link into your URL browser: http://bookstore.pcc.edu/store1/home.aspx ************You are required to log in to this course within the first 24 hours of the course beginning. If you do not log in, your course access may be blocked. You are required to complete the first module of the course (textbooks are not required to do so) by the first Friday of the term. Those who do not will be dropped from the course.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42601||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Adon C Arnett
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.