WR105 Writing for Scholarships
This course is part of a new learning community designed to help students get scholarship funding for college. (This will help our own students pay for PCC classes as well as pay for funding a transfer to a university.) WR 105 deals specifically with writing essays and other written communication required in the competitive scholarship process. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 115 or instructor approval. Corequisites: Concurrent enrollment in CG 105. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is an online writing course that emphasizes the autobiographical writing necessary for scholarship essays. Students must sign up for the online CG105 course concurrently, as the two sections are co-requisites. Short (maximum one-page) journal assignments are due every week. Students will complete at least two actual scholarship essays, as well as a personal statement to keep as a resource for other applications. To succeed in an online course, students must be independent learners and self-disciplined. No in-person testing is required; face-to-face conferences with the instructor can be arranged by appointment.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. You should have a reliable internet connection and a working knowledge of at least one word processing program (such as Word).
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42334||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Mary M Sylwester
Notes: Must also register for CG 105 CRN 42308.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.