Introduces components of an adequate diet, nutrient availability and utilization. Analyze dietary intake and compare to current scientific guidelines. Examines peripheral factors influencing diet such as global and local issues, cultural environment, and elements of food safety. Strong background in life sciences recommended. Prerequisite: WR 121, MTH 60 or higher; and BI 231 or FT 131. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome! The FN225 class introduces components of an adequate diet, nutrient availability and utilization.Project includes analysis of a 3-day dietary intake and comparing it to current scientific guidelines. Examines peripheral factors influencing diet such as global and local issues, cultural, environmental and elements of food safety. Strong background in life sciences is recommended. Prerequisites: WRITING 121, MATH 60, BIOLOGY 231 or FT 131
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook for the course is Understanding Nutrition, 13th ed., Ellie Whitney and Sharon Rady Rolfes. Intended outcomes for the course: Understand major functions, characteristics, and food sources of nutrients and connect pertinent factors between an individual's lifestyle and diet in order to choose foods that will provide a varied, balanced and adequate diet.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42295||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Radha S Moghe
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.