BA177 Payroll Accounting
Learn fundamental skills and basic knowledge in the area of business payroll. The focus of the course is primarily in the following areas: payroll and personnel record keeping, calculation of gross pay using various methods, calculation of Social Security and Medicare taxes, calculation of federal and state income taxes, calculation of federal and state unemployment taxes, journalizing and posting payroll entries, and completing various federal and state forms. Prerequisites: BA 111 Introduction to Accounting or BA 211 or instructor permission. Recommended: MTH 30 Business Mathematics, and Microcomputer experience. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to BA177 - Payroll Accounting! Before we start the course, please make sure you have the correct text and have successfully obtained access to our course on CengageNOW. Information on the text and Cengage is below. Looking forward to working with you this fall! Amber
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The text you'll need is: Payroll Accounting, 2014 Student Edition with CD.: Biegs, Toland. ISBN-10: 1285437063. Includes Student Software CD. The text is available at the PCC Cascade, Rock Creek and Sylvania Bookstores. Our course on CengageNOW access can be accessed at: http://login.cengagebrain.com/course/E-HY7W3CWR54SCA
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42138||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Amber E Lamadrid
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.