CAS140 Beginning Access
Introduces the basic features of Microsoft Access. Covers beginning database management concepts including tables, forms, reports, queries, and basic macros. Stresses a working knowledge of database management vocabulary. Emphasizes efficient use of Access toolbars and menus. Discusses database design issues. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS140- Beginning Access. This class is a PC only class as Access is not compatible with the Apple Macintosh operating system. Please be advised we will use Access 2013 in this class, as other versions will not work with our assignments. In this class, we will learn about and create the following: Creating and maintaining tables, queries, reports, and forms. Students will need to submit their Academic Integrity form, along with an introduction to the class and the first week's assignment by Friday evening in order to maintain standing in the class.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- We use the following textbook in our class: Microsoft Access 2013 : Comprehensive, 1st Edition Philip J. Pratt; Mary Z. Last Textbook ISBN-10: 1-285-16910-7 Textbook ISBN-13: 978-1-285-16910-1
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||42134||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Dale R Rosenthal
Notes: Access 2013
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.