WR227 Technical/Profession WR 1
Introduces technical and professional communications. Students compose, design, revise, and edit effective letters, memos, reports, descriptions, instructions, and employment documents Emphasizes precise use of language and graphics to communicate complex technical and procedural information safely, legally and ethically. Two instructor conferences required. Prerequisites: WR 121, basic computer literacy, and intermediate word processing skills. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Students may complete the coursework each week on their own schedules. However, there are weekly deadlines. No in-person conferences or meetings are required. Students may telecommute from any location with internet access. Service Learning option is available for Fall term. The text is co-authored by the instructor, using plain English and an abundance of examples. Students must be able to read and understand the textbook. Grades are based on a steady flow of equal-value writing assignments and quizzes. The instructor places a high value on timely completion of work. Writing assignments must be original and created for class purposes. However, students are encouraged to create professional documents that they may use in their workplace, volunteer jobs, or personal lives. Plagiarism on any assignment results in a zero for that assignment.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required software: Microsoft Word for Mac or PC. Open Office also allowed. No other software programs are allowed. Access to printer required. Required text: Technical Writing, Simplified by Nell Johnson and Mary Sylwester. ISBN: 9780048154811
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||41799||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Nell W Johnson
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.