WR227 Technical/Profession WR 1
Introduces technical and professional communications. Students compose, design, revise, and edit effective letters, memos, reports, descriptions, instructions, and employment documents Emphasizes precise use of language and graphics to communicate complex technical and procedural information safely, legally and ethically. Two instructor conferences required. Prerequisites: WR 121, basic computer literacy, and intermediate word processing skills. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Effective communication in the workplace requires fast, clear and concise writing skills. In addition to writing clearly, analyzing the needs of an audience is likewise important. This class is designed to teach many of the skills, strategies, and formatting styles required to achieve these complex goals.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Reading and Exercises: You are expected to read assigned textbook chapters and complete associated assignments each week. In addition, you are required to post your own and respond to another student's discussion topic which will appear each week. Final: A final writing assignment is due the first evening of finals week. It will be a short information or recommendation report. Textbook: A textbook entitled Technical Communication by Mike Markel (10th edition) is required for this class. Make sure you purchase the current (10th) edition of this textbook--copies are available at the Sylvania Campus Bookstore. If you purchase a text from some other source and classes have begun, a copy of it is available for your use at the Sylvania Campus Library (reserve section). Just ask any Librarian and they will get it for you. Finally, you are expected to complete and submit every weekly assignment and discussion in order to receive a passing grade in WR 227.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||41785||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 11-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Tim J Silva
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.