OS131 10-key on Calculators
Develops 10-key skills by touch. Recommended: Placement into RD 115, WR 115, and MTH 20. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This one-credit class will help you become proficient on an electronic calculator as well as the number pad on your computer. This section runs for 4 weeks, though you may be able to complete the class in less time depending on how quickly you are able to work through the material. Please note that students MUST log in to the course on the first day of the term and complete the required check-in activity (posting an introduction to the Discussion Board in D2L) in order to maintain their spot in the class. Students who have not completed the required check-in activity by the end of the first day will be dropped from the class.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required textbook: Calculators, Printing and Display, 5th edition, Southwest Publishing Company, Pasewark: 2012. ISBN#: 978-0-8400-6535-3. Access to an electronic calculator with a tape and the following features is required: Print/display, four basic arithmetic operations, Subtotal, Grand total, Non-add key - for numbering problems, Memory capacity - including Memory Plus, Memory Minus & Memory Total. The Rock Creek Student Computing Center has calculators available for student use in the lab. Calculators with these features can also be purchased at most office supply stores. Some students have even found them at Thrift stores! Since this is an online class, you will need to take timings through an online 10-Key program utilizing a computer keypad. Access to a computer with internet access and a 10-key pad (other than a laptop) are required for this portion of the class.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||41709||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 18-Oct-2014|
Instructor: Joni K Meisner
Notes: Class meets 9/23 - 10/18.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.