CAS133 Basic Computer Skill/MS Office
Introduces the basic features of Microsoft Office, Windows basics, and file management. Develops familiarity with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, email, and Internet basics. Provides an overview of the MyPCC Portal website. Covers components of the Internet and Computing Core (IC3) program content. Recommended: RD 115 and WR 115. Keyboarding by touch recommended. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 133-Basic Computer Skills Using Microsoft Office 2013. In this class you will be introduced to the following software applications: Windows E-mail Internet Word File Management Excel PowerPoint Access MyPCC This is a beginning level class and no previous computer experience is required. However, keyboarding skills are necessary and weekly deadlines will be enforced. You should use Microsoft Office 2013 for this class. This class is not designed for MACs, Open Source software, or older versions of Office. The class is designed to use Windows 8.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The required text for this course is Microsoft Office 2013 Illustrated Series Introductory, First Course packaged with 180 day trial of MS Office 2013, and SAM; Cram, Beskeen, Reding, Duffy, Friedrichsen, authors; Cengage, publisher.
You should purchase this package from the PCC bookstore as it is much cheaper bundled than trying to purchase used books, which DO NOT come with Office or SAM.
SAM is required in this class. SAM is a Skills Assessment Manager program that we will use as a supplement to your textbook. This is a great program because training is available that provides instant help and feedback for learning Office 2013 skills. You will also complete exams and projects using SAM. You will need a portable storage device (flash drive) or cloud storage if you are using a computer other than your own.
You must access the class and complete the certain required assignments by Friday of Week 1 to maintain your registered status. These assignments will be clearly listed and indicated within the Desire2Learn homepage when course access begins on the first day of the term. Your position in the class can be offered to a student on the wait list if you do not access the class.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||41327||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Kelly J Peden
Notes: Office 2013
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.