MTH243 Statistics I
Introduces displaying data with graphs, numerical descriptions of data, producing data, elementary probability, probability distributions, confidence intervals and significance testing. Investigates applications from science, business, and social science perspectives. Graphing calculator required. TI-89 Titanium or Casio Classpad 330 recommended. Prerequisite: (MTH 111, MTH 111B or MTH 111C), and placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello and welcome to the MTH 243 (Statistics I) class delivered over the
This course covers the same material as traditional face-to-face MTH 243 class held on campus. The only difference is that lectures, assignments, on-going discussions, and quizzes will be over computer.
This can be an exciting way to learn but there are requirements. This is not self-paced class. There are specific assignments and due dates. You must log-on several times each week and be prepared to be an active participant.
This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
If class is filled, or you need a waiver of prerequisites, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Prerequisites: MTH 111 and placement into WR 121.
Textbook: STATS. Data and Models by Richard D.De Veaux, Paul F. Velleman,and David E. Bock.-3rd ed. Publisher: Addison-Wesley (2012).
Software: MS Excel and MS Word 2003 (or later).
A graphing calculator is optional for the class.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40995||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 14-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Rudolf N Lublinsky
Notes: Contact inst at email@example.com for class details
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.