CAS133 Basic Computer Skill/MS Office
Introduces the basic features of Microsoft Office, Windows basics, and file management. Develops familiarity with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, email, and Internet basics. Provides an overview of the MyPCC Portal website. Covers components of the Internet and Computing Core (IC3) program content. Recommended: RD 115 and WR 115. Keyboarding by touch recommended. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 133-Basic Computer Skills Using Microsoft Office 2013.
In this class you will be introduced to the following software applications:
- File Management
This is a beginning level class and no previous computer experience is required. However, keyboarding skills are necessary.
This class meets entirely online. We do not have mandatory campus meetings.
The required text for this course is:
Microsoft Office 2013 Illustrated Series Introductory packaged with 180 day trial of MS Office 2013, SAM, and MindTap Reader; Cram, Beskeen, Reding, Duffy, Friedrichsen, authors; Cengage, publisher; ISBN 9781285726540.
You can only purchase this package from the PCC bookstore. SAM is required in this class.
USB storage device--You will need a portable storage device if you are using a computer other than your own.
You must access the class and complete the Academic Integrity Exercise by Wednesday of Week 1 to maintain your registered status. The Academic Integrity assignment is located in Quick Links on the home page. Your position in the class can be offered to a student on the wait list if you do not submit this assignment on time.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- You can use Windows 8 or Windows 7. The textbook and this class teaches Microsoft Office 2013 suite. The textbook package includes a trial version. The Office suite is the software you will use in this class.
The course and textbook are for a PC, not a MAC computer.
You need Internet access. If you are not familiar with the Internet, call an Internet Service Provider (ISP). They are listed in the yellow pages of your phone book under Internet access providers.
Users of AOL, please go to: http://www.pcc.edu/resources/help-desk/aol.html for specific information about accessing courses using AOL.
You will need an internet browser installed on your computer. The following browsers are supported by the software we use to deliver online courses: Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Other Internet browsers may work but are not currently supported. If your computer is fairly new, you will have Internet Explorer on your computer.
This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40897||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Verna D Reardon
Notes: Microsoft Office 2013
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.