PSY214 Introduction to Personality
Covers a variety of personality theories including the theoretical and scientific explanations for individuals' characteristic patterns of perception, thought, emotion and behavior. Emphasizes the understanding and mastery of personality constructs applied to students' personal and professional lives. Recommended: PSY 201A or PSY 202A. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Personality is a fun and challenging topic to study! Taking Desire2Learn (D2L) online courses via MyPCC is a great way to earn college credit and manage your busy life. Expect to spend about 12 hours each week on this 200-level, 4 credit, online science course. There are no required campus-based lectures or meetings for this online course. Each week, successful students will read and study 1-3 chapters, watch online videos, post 1-2 written assignments, and take 3 exams. Online students are conscientious, self-directed, work to solve technology challenges, and possess excellent online communication skills. After the first day of the term, I will add a few students from the top of the PCC waitlist.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The required textbook is at the Sylvania Bookstore and also on Course Reserves at the Sylvania Library (ISBN: 9780393913118). The Personality Puzzle, 6th Edition by Funder. Use our CRN to find the textbook. Older editions or other texts will not work for this textbook intensive course. All students must have their textbooks by the start of the term. Psy 201A is strongly recommended. Students can take Psy 214 without Psy 201A but expect additional study time and effort. To keep your spot in this course, be sure to post your Introduction by 6 pm on Tuesday of Week 1. I look forward to 'seeing' you in our D2L classroom! Mona Johnson
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40769||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Mona L Johnson
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.