HE262 Child Health,Nutrition,Safety
Explores current health and safety issues for infants and young children. Issues examined include childhood illnesses and ailments, nutrition, obesity, stress, safe environment, self-esteem and general first aid. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello I will be your instructor for the HE 262 online class for Fall 2014. I will be sending out an email when we get closer to the start of the term which will explain how the class works. Please make sure that you purchase the required textbook for the class and the information for the text book is listed on this page. Ruth Gibbs
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Course Description This class is designed to examine issues in child health, safety including current philosophies on child health and health promotion and preventative measures. This course will also examine the challenging learning environment teaching children, their families, and care takers about improving health, access to medical care and good nutrition, and social and environmental factors that affect a child's health and well-being. Course Outcomes Recognize current significant children's health issues in the United States Analyze societal and environmental influences on children's health Demonstrate knowledge of age appropriate health, safety, and nutrition behaviors for children that promote health Demonstrate ability to promote health among young children Course Prerequisites - none Required Text - Health, Safety, & Nutrition for the Young Child, Marotz, 9th. Edition, Cengage Learning 2015.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40721||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Ruth H Gibbs
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.