Focuses on academic writing as a means of inquiry. Uses critical reading, discussion and the writing process to explore ideas, develop cultural awareness and formulate positions. Emphasizes development of a variety of strategies to present evidence in support of a thesis. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121, or completion of WR 115 and RD 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class will use a Desire2Learn online classroom. You can find the link to Desire2Learn on your MyPCC homepage. We will also use Google Drive, available through your MyPCC gmail account.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- We will write three formal essays. Each essay goes through a drafting process. In addition to these essays, we will participate in online discussions, complete peer reviews, conduct online research, and write responses to assigned readings. Students should be able to visit the classroom and participate in online discussions throughout the week. However, the majority of the work can be completed on the weekends. All essay deadlines are Sunday at midnight. We will use Google Docs for essay feedback and online conferences. You can find Google Drive in the upper menu of your MyPCC gmail window. Our textbooks are the 3rd edition of the Norton Field Guide to Writing (with Readings and Handbook) and Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing. The books are available through the Rock Creek bookstore.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|40696 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Chad M Helder
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.