OS240 Filing and Records Management
Develops skills for indexing, coding, and cross-referencing documents to be filed. Includes requisitions and charge-outs, records transfer, various filing systems, and an overall view of the role of records management in business including electronic and image records. Recommended: RD 115; WR 115; and CAS 133 or CAS 140. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
This course will be available to you on Monday, September 22 at 8:00 am. Please access the class and complete the Orientation Exercise by Wednesday, September 24. If you fail to send me the Orientation e-mail by this date, a wait-listed student will be offered enrollment in your place.
If this is your first on-line course, I would encourage you to complete the on-line orientation for Desire2Learn (D2L) before the term begins.
I look forward to meeting you. Be sure to read the specific course requirements below.
- Course Specific Requirements:
To complete homework for the class, you will need Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access (Office 2007, 2010, or 2013 will be acceptable). The Computer Resource Centers on all campuses are available to you with all of the required software.Required textbook and packet:
Records Management, 9e by Read and Ginn and the Records Management Simulation, 9e packet by Read. (Both are available at the campus bookstores at a discount if purchased as a bundle.)
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40600||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Linda M Bruss
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.