CIS275 Data Modeling and SQL Intro
Introduces the design, uses, and terminology of a database management system. Includes data modeling using Entity Relationship modeling tools and Semantic Object modeling tools, normalization rules, relational database terminology, program/query development, multi-user database issues (including the Internet) and data administration. Prerequisite: CIS133B or CIS133C or CIS133J or CIS133W or CIS195P or CS161 or CIS125D or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Online instruction includes a weekly video lecture. Students are welcome to attend and participate; if you are not available at this time you may view a recorded version later. This lecture is required viewing!
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Course requires installation of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express client; this application runs on Windows only (Mac users may install a Windows emulator). Students must have access to a machine running this software (not available in campus labs!).
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40533||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Alan Miles
Notes: SQL Server 2012
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.