CG140A Career and Life Planning
This course provides students with the most in depth tools needed to make informed career decisions. Students will assess career confidence and readiness, skills, values, interests, personality, obstacles, attitudes and approaches to decision making. This course provides instruction on how to research career information, gain access to information materials, and methods of exploring careers. Also included is educational decision making which covers choice of major and college as well as planning a program of study. Prerequisites: Placement into WR 115 and RD 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR INSTRUCTOR Welcome to the online Career and Life Planning course. My name is Sonya Bedient. I am a counselor at the Sylvania campus and have been with PCC since 1997. I have a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology from Lewis and Clark College. I have enjoyed helping students who are interested in exploring careers. Career decision-making is an introspective personal process, and each individual I meet is on his or her unique path. Although there is no single prescribed way to make a career decision, this class will equip you with useful tools for navigating along your journey. Wherever you find yourself in the process of career exploration and decision-making, this is the right class for you. It is important that you are prepared to utilize the technology that PCC uses for this course. In addition, you will need to log in several times per week. You will be expected to do assignments, quizzes and participate in class discussions. The course is very dependent on textbook reading assignments and contains web-based research in each module.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- COURSE PREREQUISITES Prerequisites: Placement into WR 115 and RD 115. REQUIRED TEXT Title: The Career Fitness Program: Exercising Your Options, Tenth Edition. Author: Sukiennik, Bendat, & Raufman Publisher: Pearson ISBN: 13:978-013-276233-5
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40334||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Sonya F Bedient
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.